This is officially our last Timeless Tuesday Challenge for 2013! Wow… where did the year go? This is also our last week of our December Guest Designers. I’d like to thank Kerin Sylvester, Tricia Traxler, Greta Hess and our final designer, Jessi Fogan, for joining us this month. It’s been a pleasure working with each one of you this month!
Let’s find out a little bit more about Jessi…
Here is a quick link to a Splitcoaststampers tutorial on how to make a basic shaker card, click here!
I’ve used a gorgeous set called “Joy is In the Air” to create my shaker card. This is perfect for not only holiday cards, but for wintery thank you cards!
Since the snow globe works as a natural setting for my shaker opening, I’ve stamped two, and carefully cut out the inside globe of what will be the top of my shaker. Line the back of this piece with acetate, and set aside.
Stamp & colour the second piece – you’ll want to add all your details to this piece, as it’s what will show in the finished card.
Make a frame to hold your shaker pieces – I use a double layer of foam tape so that there’s lots of room for things to move around. Fill the frame with all sorts of little things – I’ve used glitter, shaped confetti and micro-beads. (Sequins, seed beads, buttons – anything thinner than your foam layer will work!). Remove the adhesive liner, and adhere the top piece, making sure to line up the images, and finish your card as you desire!
I’ve added a bow made of sheer & silk ribbons for one final touch to my card. Be sure to link up your creations on the Flourishes blog! I can’t wait to see them!
~ Jessi ~
Before you get too far, be sure to visit the rest of the DT’s blogs, as well as our Guest Designer and leave them a little blog love. In return, they will amaze you with their beautiful work…
- Allison Cope
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Jenny Gropp
- Katie Sims
- Jessi Fogan, this week’s guest designer
OUR WINNER’S CIRCLE…
We had 37 spectacular entries last week including 21 entries that qualified for 2 ballots because that stamper used some Flourishes stamps for Greta’s “Vellum” challenge. Our randomly chosen winner is #29! Congrats Kim L.! Please email Allison at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “FTTC251 Winner” in your subject line to claim your prize!
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Link up your creation below in the InLinkz with a direct link to your creation (not just to your blog).
- You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use our stamps!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC252.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries. Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Good luck everyone! Happy stamping everyone! And a very Happy New Year to everyone!