It’s our first challenge for the month of November so that means we have new Guest Designer joining us. I’d like you all to meet Connie MacFarlane:
Hey, all you Flourishes’ Fans! Cheryl here with this week’s Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Ready to create some Negative Energy? No, I’m not talking bad feelings, bad vibes, or bad chi. I’m talking about die cutting!
You know, the part that’s left over after you cut out your die? That’s the negative die cut. My challenge for you is to put some energy into the negative and create something positive! For my negative, I started with a card base of Patch, from the Pistachio Color Made Easy Paper Collection. Then, using Flourishes Classic White Cardstock, I die cut the center out of an elegant Spellbinders die cut and used the negative as a frame. That beautifully detailed tree is from Flourishes’ Trimmed With Love stamp set. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored it with Copics, added Stickles for sparkle, airbrushed Copic B000 around it, then set it in its frame. So easy!
I made use of the die cut from the front by using it for my sentiment panel on the inside of the card, which was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and sponged Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, while still in the die. The corner designs are Spellbinders die cuts, too.
~ Cheryl ~
Before you get too far, be sure to visit the rest of the DT’s blogs, as well as our November Guest Designer, Connie MacFarlane, and leave them a little blog love. In return, they will amaze you with their beautiful work…
- Allison Cope
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Jenny Gropp
- Judy Rozema
- Katie Sims
- Connie MacFarlane, our November guest designer
OUR WINNER’S CIRCLE…
We had 44 spectacular entries last week including 17 entries that qualified for 2 ballots because that stamper used some Flourishes stamps for Katie’s “Plaid or Houndstooth” challenge. Our randomly chosen winner is #11! Congrats Donna Phelan! Please email Allison at: email@example.com with “FTTC244 Winner” in your subject line to claim your prize!
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Link up your creation below in the InLinkz with a direct link to your creation (not just to your blog).
- Why not use Flourishes stamps on your creation?!? You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use our stamps! Hooray!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- Please ensure that you read the challenge specifics carefully. Please clarify in your blog post, how your creation specifically meets our challenge.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC245.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries.
- Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Good luck everyone! Happy stamping everyone!