I’d like to thank Angel Rivera, our October guest designer for designing with the Friends of Flourishes team all month long. We certainly enjoyed all of your beautiful work! Thanks so much Angel!
We also have some sad news to report. Our darling designer Broni Holcombe will be leaving our little Flourishes family. This week’s challenge will be her final challenge with the Friends of Flourishes Team. Please take a moment and leave her some love on her blog this week. I know it would mean the world to her. We sure are going to miss you Broni! Best wishes in any of your future endeavors! Big hugs from the entire Flourishes family!!
Now on to our challenge for this week…
Hi there everybody, it’s Katie here, your hostess for this week’s challenge. Are you as Mad for Plaid as I am? Plaid and Houndstooth are two of my most favorite patterns and that is why I am challenging you to incorporate one or both of them in your project FTTC244! See, simple…right? Let’s see what you can create using one of these awesome made-for fall patterns!
For my card, I used the adorable Flourishes Witching You a Happy Halloween stamp set. I stamped my pumpkins on Flourishes Classic White card stock , colored them with Copics, and then fussy cut them out.
You may have noticed that I gave the larger pumpkin a little “face lift“! I only wanted one carved pumpkin for my card, so I just did not ink the face of the larger pumpkin when I stamped him…instant plain pumpkin! The “vines” were stamped using the little flourish stamp in the set. I sponged my image panel with some yellow ink to give it a little “glow” and added the sentiment and then some sparkle. The rest of the card came together really quickly with some Spellbinder die cut layers along with my patterned papers including this fabulous houndstooth print!
Alrighty, now it’s your turn to create a project using plaid or houndstooth patterns. Make sure you link up your creation for a chance to win a prize…remember, if you use a Flourishes set your chances of winning go up! And to really get you off to a great start, check out what my team mates have created…you are sure to get plenty of beautiful inspiration there! While you are there, make their day and leave a little blog love for them! I can’t wait to see what you all come up with! Happy Stamping!
~ Katie ~
Take a moment a leave a comment on our talented Friends of Flourishes Team member blogs and our guest designer for October…
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Jenny Gropp
- Judy Rozema
- Katie Sims
- Angel Rivera, our October guest designer
OUR WINNER’S CIRCLE…
We had 66 amazing entries last week including 15 entries that qualified for 2 ballots because that stamper used some Flourishes stamps for Jenny’s “Fussy Cutting” challenge. Our randomly chosen winner is #23! Congrats DebiB! Please email Allison at: email@example.com with “FTTC243 Winner” in your subject line to claim your prize!
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Link up your creation below in the InLinkz with a direct link to your creation (not just to your blog). You can do this by clicking the title of your post and copying the address at the top of your page.
- Why not use Flourishes stamps on your creation?!? You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use our stamps! Hooray!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- Please ensure that you read the challenge specifics carefully. Please clarify in your blog post, how your creation specifically meets our challenge.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC244.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries.
- Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Good luck everyone! Happy stamping everyone!