Cheryl here! I’m your hostess for this week’s Timeless Tuesday Challenge, and I wanted to give everyone a super easy challenge to work with…
So, here it is…< = >! Or, in non-math terms, Less = More! What does that mean, you ask? Well, simply create a card with a stamped image, but NO coloring! It doesn’t have to be a CAS card, but if you really want to embrace the < = > theory, go for it!
For my project, I decided to make a boxed set of cards using some of my favorite Flourishes floral images. And, nothing shows off an image like white on kraft!
I used Flourishes Classic Kraft cardstock, stamped the images with white pigment ink, then heat embossed large floral images from the Gerber Daisy, Sweet Peas, and Picking Wildflowers stamp sets. In the lower right corner, I stamped sentiments with Versamark ink, then heat embossed them in blue, pink, and yellow embossing powders. The sentiments came from the Sweet Peas, Picking Wildflowers and Butterflies & Blossoms stamp sets. After cutting the upper right corner at an angle, I sponged Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the sentiments, up the right side of the card, and in the upper left corner.
On the inside, I used coordinating, but smaller, floral images, stamped in Versamark ink, but I didn’t emboss them. The Picking Wildflowers set doesn’t have a smaller image, but the Garden Picks set has a wildflower image that worked great with it.
To finish off my set, I made a box using my envelope punch board. Jennifer McGuire has a great tutorial on how to do this. Before assembling it, I heat embossed the Sweet Pea image on the flap and on the back side. Then, tied it up with a polka dot ribbon. Less=More=Easy Peasy! And, I like that equation!
How about you? Come play along!
~ Cheryl ~
Be sure to visit the rest of the DT’s blogs and leave them a little blog love….
OUR WINNER’S CIRCLE…
We had 64 fantastic entries last week including lots of entries that qualified for 2 ballots because that stamper used some Flourishes stamps for Jenny’s “Lotta Polka Dots” challenge. Our randomly chosen winner is #39! Congrats Michelle (Purple Monkey Moments)! Please email Allison at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “FTTC259 Winner” in your subject line to claim your prize!
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Link up your creation below in the InLinkz with a direct link to your creation.
- You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use Flourishes’ stamps!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC260.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries. Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST. EDITED: We will be extending our deadline to TUESDAY at 6:00pm EST. for this week to accommodate the Blog Parade!
Good luck everyone! Happy stamping everyone!