It’s Jenny here for today’s post!
It’s all about fussy cutting today! If you are not familiar with the term, it simply means picking up those scissors and cutting closely around and image. If you have a Silhouette or electric die cutting machine, then fussy cutting is made even easier by using the Silhouette Cut Files from Flourishes that match up to the beautiful Flourishes stamp images.
I used the With Gratitude Set today for my card. And I used the coordinating Silhouette File to cut out my image. After cutting it out using Flourishes Classic Ivory Card Stock, I stamped the flowers using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I used the Perfectly Pierced Hourglass Die Set to frame the flowers. I hand cut a few extra layers to match up with the die frame. My flowers are of course colored with Copic Markers! I added foam tape to pop up a few of the layers for dimension.
I hope you enjoy my challenge this week. Can’t wait to see what you create!
~ Jenny ~
Take a moment a leave a comment on our talented Friends of Flourishes Team member blogs and our guest designer for October…
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Jenny Gropp
- Judy Rozema
- Katie Sims
- Angel Rivera, our October guest designer
OUR WINNER’S CIRCLE…
We had 27 fabulous entries last week including 9 entries that qualified for 2 ballots because that stamper used some Flourishes stamps for Deborah’s “Burlap or Canvas” challenge. Our randomly chosen winner is #13! Congrats Jennifer Scull! Please email Allison at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “FTTC242 Winner” in your subject line to claim your prize!
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Link up your creation below in the InLinkz with a direct link to your creation (not just to your blog).
- Why not use Flourishes stamps on your creation?!? You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use our stamps! Hooray!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- Please ensure that you read the challenge specifics carefully. Please clarify in your blog post, how your creation specifically meets our challenge.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC243.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries.
- Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Good luck everyone! Happy stamping everyone!