Welcome to a very special Timeless Tuesday Challenge here at Flourishes! Before we get to our fabulous CONTEST NEWS for today, I’d like to introduce you to our Guest Designer for the month of October…
Now on to our CONTEST NEWS…
We have something extra special for this Timeless Tuesday Challenge. If you play along, not only will you get a chance to win our weekly prize drawing, you might get a chance to be one of our Flourishes’ Guest Designers for December! HOORAY! And, there will not be just ONE winner. We will actually be choosing FOUR Guest Designers for December!!! Hip hip hooray!!!
The Friends of Flourishes and the Senior Design Team will be voting on their TOP THREE favorite projects once all the entries are in on Monday evening. The designers of those top three projects will be offered three of the four guest designer slots. Then, starting Tuesday October 8th, YOU will get a chance to vote for our PEOPLE’S CHOICE award by voting for your favorite creation! Stay tuned because next Tuesday, we’ll share all the details of how you can cast your vote to help with our Guest Designer line up for December.
Our 4 final Guest Designers will each receive…
- a stamp set of their choice from the Flourishes Store;
- a special 2013 Guest Designer badge for their blog;
- featured status on the Flourishes Blog the week of their challenge;
- and they get to lead and create the challenge that you and all of our fabulous designers use to create with for their assigned week!
THE GUEST DESIGNER CONTEST RULES
- You must follow all of the regular FTTC Challenge Rules as listed below.
- Only a MAXIMUM of ONE entry per person for the challenge this week, so make it is your best work! Please use at least your first name when titling your link so we know who you are.
- Your project may not be combined with any other challenges for this week. It must be solely designed for our contest.
- Your project must contain some kind of stamping! We’d love to see your Flourishes stamps used but everything is welcome.
- No back linking to previous projects. This must be a completely new creation.
- You must have a personal blog to be considered for a Guest position.
- This contest is open to all countries.
Awesome right?? So let’s find out what the lovely Broni has in store for our contest and challenge today…
What’s paper piecing you ask?
Paper piecing involves cutting pieces out from a design and layering them on paper. This is a versatile technique. Stamps designs are often used for paper piecing projects. A design can be stamped several times on a piece of paper and then each area can be cut and adhered to a project. Don’t get paper piecing confused with paper piercing! Check out Julie’s recent article on Paper Piecing here.
I’ve always love to paper piece so I thought it would be fun to make it a challenge!
Today I’m using the Dahlia stamp set along with some patterned paper, some Tuxedo Black ink, some Memento Love Letters ink, some Pistachio paper, and my ‘Floral Ovals’ Nestabilities. After I cut out the image I used the Poppy Copic collection and the New Leaves Copic collection to shade both the leaves and the flowers.
Here’s my card:
~ Broni ~
Take a moment a leave a comment on our talented Friends of Flourishes Team member blogs and our guest designer for the month…
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Jenny Gropp
- Angel Rivera, our October guest designer
OUR WINNER’S CIRCLE…
We had 26 incredible entries last week including 14 entries that qualified for 2 ballots because that stamper used some Flourishes stamps for Ally’s “Build it with Dots” challenge. Our randomly chosen winner is #18! Congrats Kim S.! Please email Allison at: email@example.com with “FTTC239 Winner” in your subject line to claim your prize!
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge above. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Why not use Flourishes stamps on your creation?!? You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use our stamps! Hooray!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- Please ensure that you read the challenge specifics carefully. Please clarify in your blog post, how your creation specifically meets our challenge. If your project doesn’t meet the challenge specifics, your link will be deleted.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC240.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries.
- Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Good luck everyone! Happy stamping everyone!