A new kind of Monday!

Note: Folks, Mondays will never be the same! Starting today, you can look to Mondays for all of your creative inspiration! From tutorials from our talented team to our Bring Back Beautiful Challenge to Allison Cope’s fabulous look at how to mix stamping and scrapping! We’ve got you covered. No More Monday moanin’ – you’ll soon be saying (thanks to Flourishes) T.G.I. MONDAY! We start this fabulous feature with the ever-so-talented Cindy Lawrence!

FUN WITH CARD CANDI!

Hello Stampers!

Have you seen the new card Candi in the Flourishes store? It is fresh out of the UK, and full of lots of wonderful possibilities for your stamping projects.
Today I have a video for you showcasing several ways you can use them. Please forgive me for the length of the video and the lack of editing. It’s actually a second take, as I accidentally deleted my first video as I was attempting to upload it to my computer…ugh.
For my first sample, I used the gorgeous Lenten Rose set, and a row of Icing Sugar Candi along the bottom border. I colored the Icing Sugar Candi with my R14 Copic marker from the Sweet Pea Copic Marker Collection. I also used Icing Sugar (colored once again) and red Patriotic Candi to make that pretty rose embellishment in the center of the bow. Here’s a close-up of the rose:
Here’s another card I made, this time using Copper Metallique Candi and the From the Desk Of set. I love the metallic circles on these!
The Copper Metallique Candies were a little pale for my card; so I colored them using my E29 Copic marker from Flourishes Flesh Tones 2 Copic Marker Collection.
The third card I made uses the pastel Iced Gems Candi as a way to frame out the image. I added a bit of glitter to each one to jazz it up a bit. That pretty shoe image is from the Feminine Charm set.
Now, you’ll want to watch the video for some details on the above techniques, as well as a few other fun ideas for using card Candi.

Happy stamping, friends!

~Cindy

Facebook Twitter Pinterest

1. Cheryl Lea says:

Thanks for a great tutorial! It’s great seeing all the different ways you can alter the Candi’s. Your cards are beautiful.

2. Amanda H says:

I love this idea, and I’m going to be looking forward to Monday’s now :)
    Great job Cindy, I am not great with brads at all, but you have inspired me to give them a try on my next card :) – Beautiful cards, by the way, as usual :)

3. Stacy aka Twinshappy says:

Beautiful cards Cindy! Love all the different ways you used the new goodies Candi!

4. Dawn B. says:

Awesome job Cindy. I can’t wait to use these. Your video is fantastic.

5. OMG! Great idea! Thanks for making monday’s happy!!!

6. Colleen says:

Cindy,
    Great job on the video, love all the different ways you have shown us to use these. I have to try that rose.

7. yogi says:

I just have to say I’m really, really, really disappointed in the customer service/sales dept for Flourishes.
    Hopefully this message will get through to someone responsible… I’m hard of hearing and a phone is not a good option.
    I placed an order on Dec 26th.
    My package was shipped on Dec 27th.
    at that time I should have rec’d a notice that an item was not shipped and either saying it was a BO or a credit. That didn’t happen.
    Take care Yogi
    ref order #9603
    So it wasn’t until I rec’d my order on Jan 9th that I realized an item was not included.
    Sent an email on Jan 9th asking about it. No answer
    Sent another email asking about it again on Jan 12th
    Got an answer from the shipping guy saying he’d let the office know. Nothing happened.
    Sent another email on Jan 18th. No answer
    Sent another email on Feb 3rd.
    Again the shipping guy replied and the office would take care of it.
    We are now Feb 13th and it still hasn’t been resolved or have I been contacted.
    Not a way to do business, that’s for sure.

8. Hi Yogi~ I’m SO sorry you’ve had that experience! I passed your message on to the owners. So hopeful it will be resolved ASAP! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message here.

9. Naomi says:

WOW, Cindy! These are FABULOUS! Your cards are seriously STUNNING, girl, and I have to say, you TOTALLY sold me on these because had you not posted these GORGEOUS cards, or the video tutorial showing all of your fun tricks, I would NEVER have taken any notice of them but, now I MUST have them!

Naomi
    xoxo

10. Thank you so very much, ladies! I can’t wait to see what YOU all do with the Candies! :-)

11. Rebekka says:

These are awesome Cindy, loved the video. And those cards you created are GORGEOUS!! I will be looking forward for next Monday..

12. Ok, I’m just NOW getting around to watching this! You did great girl, and it was so fun to hear your voice again :)

Gorgeous cards, and I learned a lot too! Thanks lady!

graphic