So, you don’t want to color?

So you love Flourishes’ images but don’t want to color them? No problem. The beautiful details of these images makes it a snap to use only ink and paper, without a Copic or pencil in sight. I’ve got 2 cards to illustrate how easy it is to pull this off.

The first uses the lush Christmas set, Dove and Holly, with a non traditional Blue, Ivory and Gold color scheme.

I stamped the larger dove, making sure that its head nestled into the corner of the card and that there were three pops of blueberry and three of gold. I was so happy with how the birds look without any coloring that I plan on making a few more, using different colors of ink. The gold accents on the berries were done with a metallic gold pen.

The second card uses a portion of one of the stamps in Bee My Honey with a sentiment from Seaside Life (love that font).

By stamping in brown on yellow, the little bouquet reminds me of autumn. Again, I made sure to have 3 pops of yellow, 3 of white, and 3 brown. That rule of threes helps me out every time!

Thanks for dropping by my 3rd post as the Limelight Designer. I am enjoying reading your comments!

Facebook Twitter Pinterest

1. Naomi says:

Wow! FABULOUS cards and they look so quick and easy to make! Thanks for the tips!

2. Peggy K says:

Just lovely.
    And a great reminder that it need not take a lot of your time to give a handmade card. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration.

3. Marci says:

Gorgeous as usual Joan! I am in awe of your ability <3

4. Amanda H says:

What an awesome tutorial, Joan! I admit, I have never tried Not coloring but with your expert advice I might just try it, using your great tips :) Thank you for another refreshing and informative Sunday! Can’t wait to see what you have next Sunday :)

5. Danielle says:

Beautiful! What a clean, elegant, and simple way to use these stamps!

6. Beth Greco says:

WHAT?!? No colouring?? Crazy talk!! LOL What great cards. I really like the shape of the top one and the gold string and glittery spots. The second one is perfect for autumn with the browns and yellows. Very lovely!

7. Erica Fields says:

I like both of these cards. Sometimes I don’t feel up to coloring and that means I break out the embossing folders and dsp. But that can get fussy. This reminds me I can not color while keeping it simple, but sophisticated. Thanks for the tips. Great designing Joan. I’m on going on a hunt for images that I can use this way with Chrstmas themes.

8. Ida says:

Great cards Joan. I’m really drawn to the sunny yellow card.

9. Awesome cards, Joan! I love them both!

graphic